Back to School: Ciao! | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

August 13, 2016

Back to School: Ciao!

TBH, I was pretty excited about yesterday's rain.  It gave me the perfect excuse to throw on a pair of jeans and boots. I shared an article on my Facebook page (follow me!) on ways to wear old trends in new ways, the first one was how to rework your skinny scarf as a belt!  That is such a simple styling trick but sometimes you just need help from an outside inspiration, see how I used that in my look below.  This look is perfect for school when the air conditioner is blaring inside but it is still a million degrees outside (I didn't have the luxury of having air conditioning in my high school but I have heard that public schools can get pretty chilly).  I am loving simple graphic tees lately, this one is from Madewell (shop here), and is totally inspiring me to start using "ciao".  Cropped jeans are the perfect summer to fall transition piece, this pair is from Nordstrom by Current/Elliot (shop here).  I tied my skinny scarf (shop here) around my waist as a belt, I love how much it upgrades this basic "jeans and tee" look.  I was beyond excited to put on a pair of boots yesterday, this pair is by Topshop (shop similar).  I accessorized with big hoops and my current favorite Christian Paul watch (shop here), you can swap out the bands, so I swapped out my pink band for a white leather one!  Wearing a watch is the perfect way to keep your eyes on the clock without your teacher noticing.  





Saying Ciao!









SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Your simple look is cool!! xoxo

    sweetpoppy.dudeklatero.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Simple is the best way to go sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit love how simple it is but yet looks so put together

    http://www.Fatima8450.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a good tee shirt and jeans look!

      Delete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig