Twinning: Mother Daughter Edition | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

May 7, 2016

Twinning: Mother Daughter Edition

I hope you are all ready to experience the greatest Mermaid Waves post of all time.  I seriously had so much fun putting together this special Mother's Day post.  My mom, Kelly (as I like to call her), is such a huge part of my blog but is always behind the camera.  Since Kelly basically taught me how to dress, I knew it was time to get her in front of the camera.  We put together two coordinating gingham  and denim outfits.  Not only was my momma involved in the creation of this post, my dad took all the photos for this post! Keep reading for details on each of our looks and shop the looks directly from this post!



 I am loving this gingham dress from J. Crew (link here), I am about to recycle this dress all season long.  This J. Crew clutch (link here) is the perfect way to break into the world of pattern mixing, it basically does the hard part for you.  This look is basically 100% mint and green making it perfect for piling on the accessories.  These Wildfox sunnies (link here) are the latest addition to my collection, I love a bold round shape for my face!  I recently invested in a J. Crew jean jacket (link here) , I'm not sure why I didn't have this classic piece in my life before now!  My shoes are such a gem, I found this pair on Mod Cloth in middle school (similar link here), but continue to wear them every chance I get.


 Kelly is wearing a gingham J. Crew sweater (link here),  I love how it coordinated with my dress although its a smaller check.  My favorite part of Kelly's look is how perfectly it fits into her daily style, its such a perfect representation of her classic style,with just a little more color!  Kelly is also wearing Wildfox sunnies (link here),  I love the smaller but still bold shape for her face.  Kelly paired this sweater with her favorite J. Crew boyfriend jeans (link here), that she cropped herself!





 I hope your Mother's Day is filled with lots of love and coordinating outfits! Did you love this post? Let me know in the comments! Be sure to save this post on Bloglovin!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You both look so beautiful love both outfits

    http://www.Fatima8450.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig