Be Bold in Rainbow | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

April 30, 2016

Be Bold in Rainbow

If I am given the slightest excuse to dress up and look fabulous, you know I will be there.  Last night I attended to Driehaus Awards for Fashion Excellence which is a night full of fashion and inspiration.  Student designers are given the opportunity to showcase their work in a professional fashion show.  I basically live snap chatted the entire show, be sure to catch it on my snap story (danimikay) before it disappears tonight! I was so inspired and in awe of the talented artists, I can't wait to bring that inspiration to MerWaves.

At any given event, fashion or  not, you can bet that 90% of the guests will be wearing black.  I'm so over it, there is a world of color out there and it can be just as chic.  So, I went a little color crazy.  I paired this bold blue skirt with a crocheted, rainbow halter and rainbow heels.  This was my take on the two piece dress, I love how this top totally transformed from on of my beach go-tos to elegant evening wear.  Of course, these rainbow shoes just scream fun, because thats what fashion truly should be about! Looking good and having fun while your at it.










Top - Emma Wicker Park
Skirt - Nordstrom
Shoes - Ami Club Wear





SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Lovely heels!!
    kisses
    http://ij-naturalelegance.blogspot.com.es/2016/05/spring-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute

    http://www.Fatima8450.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colourful heels are so cool! :)

    Looking beautiful! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig