Steal the Look: Prom | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

March 13, 2016

Steal the Look: Prom

Prom 2016 is just around the corner, I have picked my favorite red carpet looks and put together your go-to guide to steal the look.  This is my fourth and last prom so I am so ready to kill it, and I want to help you kill it too!

The Queen Bee (or T)
If you are ready to snatch that crown, take inspiration from Taylor Swift.  This color blocked two piece is bold and bright.  It is perfectly styled with a simple choker, and a sleek bob.
 This first dress is an amazing and dress-code friendly (sorry giant slit) option.  I love the ruffled, off the shoulder neckline paired with the long red skirt.  If a two piece dress isn't your speed the second dress is the perfect compromise.  This dress still has the bold color blocked feel but with a super elegant silhouette.



The Whimsical Woman
Florence Welch is the ultimate free spirit, if you are looking to stand out at prom Florence is your girl.  I love the loose waves and subtle jewelry to really let the dress speak.   Although this dress is truly one of a kind I found some options that still capture the whimsical yet girly feel.  
I love the skirt of this first dress, the tulle layers are so dreamy and capture the whimsical vibe of Florence's dress.  The simplistic top allows for long curls or some jewels.  This second dress has gorgeous beading and is so elegant.  The silhouette is super classic and can be styled in so many different ways, it can be anything from elegant to bohemian.  


Shop: BCBG and Bloomingdales

The Lacey Lady
Rooney Mara stole the show at Oscars, and you will do the same on prom night with this look as your inspiration.  This dress is so feminine yet modern with the geometric cutouts and slit.  I love the sleek pulled back hair with a bold lip to contrast the delicate lace.
 This first dress is perfect for the girl who doesn't want to wear a gown.  This dress is just as elegant as any full-length gown.  I love the lace detailing and the delicate cutouts.  This dress gives you the chance to show off an amazing pair of shoes.  This second dress is super dreamy, it gives me major bohemian beach babe vibes.  I love the simple elegance, this dress can be worn many times after prom night.
Shop: Asos and Bloomingdales

The Bold Babe
Vanessa knows how to win the the red carpet.  This bold look is anything but the ordinary but still appropriate for any formal event.  I love the all metallic dress, it will be anything but expected in a room of floral prom dresses.  Chokers are so hot right now, and I love the slicked back yet messy hair.  

 This first dress really captures the edginess of Vanessa's dress.  I love the ribbing and the turtleneck, and the length of the dress is perfect for dancing.  This second dress captures the glam factor,  I love the all over sequin look (see: freshman prom).  The spaghetti strap and slit give this dress a 90s edginess, and that neckline just screams for a choker.

Shop: Asos and Asos

The Beauty in Black
Black is classic but in no way does that mean boring.  Yes, Jennifer Lawrence always looks good, but this Oscars look caught my attention.  There is such simplicity in the black lace but also such detail and beauty.  A black dress is a great opportunity to play around with hair and accessories.  

This first dress has the most beautiful lace detailing.  I love the large geometric cutouts, its a more modern take on J Law's dress.  This second dress is super hot, I love the delicate lace with the bold black lines.  A dress with sleeves is always a winner in my book.  


Shop: BCBG and Lulu's 







SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post all of these are stunning! Especially the black with lace like👌🏻😱

    http://www.Fatima8450.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I love that dress too!

      Delete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig