Over Easy: A Brunch Look | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

December 31, 2015

Over Easy: A Brunch Look

Since my NYE plans include a big plate of mac and cheese and lots of movies, I am not quite bringing out the sequins. So, instead I have created the perfect New Years Day Brunch Look.  This brunch look is super laid back but will have you looking like the chicest one at the table.  I am loving the dress over pants comeback happening now, but its easy to have flashbacks to first-grade.  The black over black makes this a super mature take on the look.  This dress also can be unbuttoned to show off more pant or be worn as a shirt, which I love.  Dresses and Flares make a perfect yet unlikely match.  This bag is to die for.  I love adding a little fun to my looks, because an all black look can be a little serious sometimes.  What other way is there to add a little fun than a sparkly egg purse?  Make sure to hide your dark circles at brunch with a pair of oversized sunnies.  







Dress - Madewell
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Steve Madden




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I really love all black outfits,and that bag is really cool and interesting !
    Happy New Year dear,wish ya all the best :)

    http://zeberry.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sometimes an all black look is just killer! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. Noice! I feel that you have to be tall to pull off that look. I'm a little over 5'1, so dresses are all long on me, so over jeans it would make me look super short. I love this idea though. It's very grown up, but chic.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually only about 5'4 so you could def pull it off! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I've been admiring your super fun shaped purses from afar for months now! You totally inspired me to add a piece like this to my shopping list. I wrote a post about my summer wish list and included this look (as well as a list of your other amazing bags). Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.thehannahgold.com/2016/06/my-summer-2016-shopping-list.html

    ReplyDelete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig