Power Puff! | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

July 11, 2015

Power Puff!

I love super playful and youthful looks given a grownup edge.  For this look I feel like a grownup Power Puff Girl, a combination of all three.  I loved pairing this crocheted rainbow halter with a quilted skirt.  It is such a fun use of textures and a good way to wear a quilted piece in the middle of July.  This look is made up of three statement pieces, the stiletto, the mini, and the halter.  All of these pieces can make a big statement on their own but when paired together they create a killer look.  







 My watch is FlikFlak by Swatch and it is how I learned to tell time.  Perks of little wrists and adjustable straps.

Halter - Emma
Skirt - Topshop
Shoes - Steve Madden
Backpack - Target (DIYed by me)




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this! Super youthful. I do the same thing, actually, I make some of my jewelry out of old toys just to make outfits a teensy bit more fun.
    Also, I'm obsessed with your backpack. I want an adventure backpack for myself, but I can't decide if I'd rather use patches or buttons to adorn it...
    xoxo
    Hannah
    http://frecklesandolives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw love that! Use both!! Thanks for reading

      Delete

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig