Strawberry Ice Cream | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

April 13, 2015

Strawberry Ice Cream

Pink has been my color of choice my entire life.  For this look I found inspiration in one of my favorite summer treats, a strawberry ice cream cone.  A light pink, nude, and white combination will never fail to make you look like a dream.  

 This white blouse and houndstooth skirt are from Emma.  I love the slight peplum effect of this skirt, the top is fitted but then flairs out, this shape is great to avoid getting lost in too much fabric.  This light pink houndstooth is literally me in pattern form.  The sleeves of this blouse are complete with oversized ties which add a whimsical feel to this top.

 A necklace can change the feel of an entire look,  this necklace adds major sass with the chunky chain and oversized flamingos.  On another day (if I am being an outfit repeater) I might add a delicate gold necklace for a completely different look.  This necklace is by Freedom from Topshop (similar).
 I feel like everything I once hated I now have in my closet, from turtlenecks to cross body bags.  This Gap bag has such a mod structured look that I could not stay away.
 Nude heels are often such a bore, this pair by Aldo (similar) gives nude heels a good name.



SHARE:

2 comments

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig