#MACYS PROM | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

March 22, 2015

#MACYS PROM

I had the best time yesterday at the Macy's Prom event at Woodfield.  I am not sure how I could have not loved it, it was a day of pink, fashion, and dresses!  I met so many beautiful and fabulous faces.  
 Before the event I was hanging out in my favorite cosmetics brand's station.  The Benefit girls were doing mini makeovers during the event, getting everyone all ready for the big day!

 I wore a Guess Romper (similar),  I usually hate rompers because of my long torso but this one was a perfect fit.  I loved the pleated detailing and the tie around the neck, one of my favorite trends this season.  The long sleeves help balance out the short cut making it a super classy look.
 With such a simple look, bold accessories were a must.  I paired my python, over-the-knee boots by Shop Akira (similar) with my goto nude bag by Greg Michaels.  This bag is perfect for a long day because it will hold your makeup, snacks, and whatever else you can't live without.  Then I finished the look off with larger than life curls.
 Macy's has so many amazing prom dresses, I could not wait until after the show to look at them.

 Pink lemonade and mini pop tarts, yes please!



 This color blocked two piece is seriously to die for.  I had to try it in on after the show.  Color blocking and two piece dress are huge this prom season.
 The girls of Sweet Suspense are too fabulous for words! I seriously enjoyed their performance so much.  Check them out!
 I love yellow for prom.  This dress is super sweet and simple but has a fabulous open back.
 You will look like royalty in this tulle dress with a gorgeous beaded top.
 Totally star struck when I got to meet these girls! I totally should be a part of Sweet Suspense, don't I fit right in?!
 Next I tried on two of my top picks for the season.  This white two piece dress is totally inspired by Rihanna's open back, two piece white dress.
 How fun and sassy is this dress? I walked around in it for about 20 minutes because I didn't want to take it off.
 Then I tried on this piece! Definitely one of my favorite prom dresses I have seen this season.
Which piece is your favorite? What are you wearing to prom? Let me know in the comments or on Instagram!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig