Denim Brat | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

March 10, 2015

Denim Brat

Canadian Tuxedos are everywhere and are definitely one of my goto looks.  I used that look as inspiration but swapped out the all denim outfit with pieces of different textures.  
My "mom jeans"skirt is by Levi's, I love that I can finally wear this skirt with bare legs.  I love my midi length skirts and when there is a slit I just can't say no.
This striped button-down from Emma is not denim but helps complete the look with a similar blue to the denim skirt.  I love how the colors are slightly mismatched.  This Zara Girls jacket (similar) has been a staple in my closet for years, hence the size 11-12 tag but it is such a staple piece that I pull out every spring.

I love this big necklace in super matchy and also contrasting colors! The necklace looks homemade which adds the laid back vibe of this look.

My original thought was a super nineties beauty look, brown lip, simple eyes and high pony, but it turned out more Bratz doll, which I am totally okay with.
These Levi boots are perfect for climbing over half melted snow while still keeping the spring spirit.


SHARE:

2 comments

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig