Calling All Tall Ladies | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

November 2, 2014

Calling All Tall Ladies

As an itty bitty person I find it so difficult and frustrating to find clothes that fit me.  Recently I came across an exciting collaboration TTYA X Long Tall Sally.  This collection is for the blessed ladies over 5' 8, who struggle with finding totally chic clothes that fit there size, as someone who can relate I was really interested in this collaboration.  The 18 piece capsule collection is available to purchase now, and I am seriously trying to come up with ways to grow over night so I can wear pieces from this collection.  The collection ranges in price from $42 for a tee to $195 for a coat.



I was lucky enough to be able to do an interview with the lines designer Irene Agbontaen, a 5' 11 British fashion stylist. 
 What is special about this collaboration? What sets it apart?
My brand TTYA mainly focuses on jersey staples which are the foundation to any women’s wardrobe. With this collection I wanted to build on that and interject more fashion pieces and wardrobe essentials that could fit right into you existing wardrobe. The collection still has the strong monochrome feel as TTYA and we added in splashes of rose champagne gold which tied it all in.

How do you find inspiration? Any specific people or places?
I was born and still live in South London. Growing up in the city opens your eyes to so much culture. Youth culture here is ever growing and developing! I also love to travel and was fortunate to spend a lot of time in ASIA in particular Cambodia. The food, fabrics and temples are a must see and really inspired me on the lead up to starting TTYA. 

What are your fall must haves?
Chunky oversized sweater, black skinny jean and a nice sturdy black boot!


Shop the LookBook now! 



 Follow them on Instagram and Twitter!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig