What season is it? | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

October 26, 2014

What season is it?

When fall doesn't feel like fall it is the perfect opportunity to show off your bare arms and legs for the last time. It was 70 degrees and sunny yesterday, what?! I wanted to keep this look feeling like fall because there is nothing worse than a girl in her little summer florals in October, but mostly I wanted to wear my new boots.  My favorite thing I own right now is this Moschino phone case, because I honestly can't think of anything that is more Dani.  
 My leather top is by Halogen from Nordstrom, I never realized how much I would wear this piece when I bought it.  I wear it with jeans and booties, or untucked over a skirt like I have here.  Since the back is a soft sweatshirt material it is probably the coziest leather shirt out there.
 I usually am not a fan of body-con skirts unless you have the booty for it, which I don't, but this black and white stripe classes up the ever tacky skirt.  By pairing it with a larger top it, the skirt doesn't look so skimpy.  This skirt is from Urban Outfitters and is no longer available, buy one similar here.
 I am getting so good at accessorizing these days, I am so proud.  This amazing necklace is originally Freedom for Topshop but is no longer available.  Buy one similar here!

 I have been in desperate need of a tall black boot.  I walked in to Steve Madden and my prayers had been answered.  I love the chunky platform with the knee high boot, it is so hard to find boots that go up the knee right now.  These boots are a little bit edgy but still look uber classy! Buy them here while they are on sale!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig