Layers | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

October 7, 2014

Layers

There is nothing better than those giant Halloween candy mixed bags, it has one similar theme but many different styles, like this outfit.  We have a base of browns, oranges and blues, but we also have some preppyness (apparently that's not a word) some bohemian vibes and a touch of vintage silhouette.  
 My necklace is from Anthropologie, that store is the meaning of fall so I apologize for the overload of posts featuring them coming your way.  This necklace is no longer available but I linked a more fall like style above.  I love messy hair, probably just because I am lazy, but for this look I ran my straightener through it just a few times and got a super soft look.
 This tank is from Nordstrom, mixing patterns is super easy when finding colors that go perfectly. Don't be afraid of mixing different color as well! Here is a top that will go adorably with the skirt I picked out from Anthropologie.
 This skirt is from Anthropologie many years ago, here is a similar skirt.  It is the epitome of a fall skirt with its color scheme and knit fabric.  Super mini skirts are so passé  I love skirts that hit right above the knee, if you have short legs like me keep your legs looking long with a good pair of heels.   When you are my size belts are your best friend but don't settle for a boring style.
 Ruffle socks! These are perfect for any look and will make you feel ready for church.  Buy them from American Apparel.  These shoes are by Me Too, if you know me you know that I literally wear these constantly (I also have them in black).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig