BACK TO SCHOOL: Rad 4 Plaid | Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination

August 16, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL: Rad 4 Plaid

 I'm back again with everyone's three favorite words! Back to School outfit #2.  Although I wish I could show up on the first day of school in a sweater and boots and it would magically be fall, that's not happening.  I am lucky enough to go to a school without air conditioning *sarcasm* so the summer clothes will be out until October.  For this awkward seasonal transition time I like to pair summer silhouettes with fall colors and patterns.  If this top was floral, the shorts were denim and I wore a pair of wedges it would be a perfect outfit for a nice warm July day!
 Say "toodles!" to boring school bags.  I love using an oversized purse to keep all my books in.  This bag is awesome because the sides can be tucked away to be turned into a smaller everyday purse.  This bag is from Nordstrom.

 I loveeee this top, plaid makes me feel like Cher Horowitz so I obviously wear it at every opportunity.  The shape of this top is great because it is a little bit slouchy, but still has a girly vibe from the ruffle.  This top is by Living Doll from BP at Nordstrom.


 These leather paneled shorts are from H&M, I found a similar pair at Forever 21.
SHARE:

2 comments

© Mermaid Waves | Chicago Fashion Destination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig